BETWEEN ISRAELITE BAY ON THE SOUTH COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA AND BALLADONIA ON THE EYRE HIGHWAY LIE NUMEROUS HOMESTEAD RUINS.
The area was settled in the 1870 – 1890 period by pioneers in search of land of their own. Some of the families passed away without descendants to continue while others moved away.
The remains of the second telegraph station built at Israelite Bay is a main feature among smaller ruins that were once peoples’ homes. The graves of telegraph employees are found in two locations, one being on the side of the lake where there are three graves, and a further two graves are situated not far from Cook’s cottage.
Using as much information as could be found, the history of these places has been told in this book.